SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE UNIT #44
POLICY #GCA- Coaching Recruitment Policy
1. All coaching positions shall be posted annually.
2. All positions shall be posted according to the following schedule:
Fall Sports: By May 1.
Winter Sports: By Sept 1.
Spring Sports: By Jan 1.
3. Positions shall be posted in three prominent locations within the school building, on the school web
site, at the high
school, and in one newspaper.
4. Applicants shall write a letter of intent to the Athletic Director which should include: qualifications,
memberships, certifications, and other pertinent information.
5. Applicants shall have 3 weeks to respond to the postings of the position, after which the Athletic
Director and Administration shall review the applications and offer recommendations to the School
for final approval. Coaches will be presented to the Board
according to the following schedule:
Fall Sports: By the second School Board meeting in June.
Winter Sports: By the second School Board meeting in October.
Spring Sports: By the second School Board meeting in February.
6. In considering candidates for a position, qualifications by reason of experience, training, and the
ability to execute proficiently all the demands of the position shall be considered. When all of these
factors are equal among two or more candidates, precedence shall be given to any Northwood teacher
who has applied for the position. When factors are equal among 2 or more teacher
candidates, precedence shall be based on seniority.
APPROVED BY THE BOARD
THE NORTHWOOD SCHOOL BOARD
Colleen Pingree, Chair