Hello! Welcome to the Speech-Language Pathology department here at Northwood School. Northwood School has two Speech-Language Pathologists, Kelly Brown and Lindsey Nelson. We work with many students in the school including those who:
- are late acquiring speech or language
- have a stutterer that interferes with his/her ability to speak in class
- are a grade level (or more) behind in his/her ability to read aloud or understand the content of what is read
- struggle to make and maintain friendships as a result of a social pragmatic disorder
- have difficulty pronouncing certain sounds
- have difficulty understanding language
- have difficulty with grammar or sentence formulation
- cannot speak and need to learn to use a form of Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC)
- have a reading disability
- have a written language disorder
In addition to working with students who have an Individualized Education Plan, we also frequently go into classrooms to help whole groups of children improve their communication, language, reading, writing, and social skills.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us for an reason we can be reached via e-mail at
. You can also get in touch with us by calling the school.